Digital Rebar Provision¶
simple, fast and open API-driven server provisioning.
DR Provision is a APLv2 simple Golang executable that provides a simple yet complete API-driven DHCP/PXE/TFTP provisioning workflow system.
Simply, Digital Rebar Provisioner acts as a Cobbler replacement - with additional powerful per-machine workflow provisioning capabilities.
We HIGHLY recommend using the
latest version of the documentation, as it contains the most up to date information. Use the version selector in the lower right corner of your browser.
- Mailing List
- Chat/messaging via the Digital Rebar
#communitychannel is our preferred communication method. If you do not have a Slack invite to our channel, you can Request a Slack Invite
- Alternate chat vi Gitter Live Chat (Gitter.im) and IRC on Freenode #DigitalRebar
- Issues and Features
- Full Documentation (Github /doc sources are updatable via pull request).
- Videos on the DR Provision Playlist provide both specific and general background information.
Install & Quick Start¶
Our Stable Quick Start has fast play-with-it steps. Don’t worry, they are very simple and take 10 to 20 minutes.
Want the Latest Quick Start? You’ll have access to the newest features in tested work for the next release. This is NOT the bleeding edge!
Table of Contents¶
Reading on Github? Visit Generated Docs for a generated ToC.
- 1. Quick Start
- 2. Install
- 3. Key Features
- 4. Server Architecture
- 5. Configuring the Server
- 6. Releases
- 7. Upgrade
- 8. Local UI Removed
- 9. Install Script Changed
- 10. Digital Rebar Provision Workflows
- 11. Deployment Options
- 12. Digital Rebar Provision Operations
- 13. OS Support
- 14. LinuxKit
- 15. User Interface (UI)
- 16. Swagger UI
- 17. Digital Rebar Provision Command Line Interface (CLI)
- 18. Digital Rebar Provision API
- 19. Developer Environment
- 20. Developing the Command Line Interface (CLI)
- 21. Developing Documentation
- 22. FAQ / Troubleshooting
- 23. Architecture Reference
- 24. Integrations
- 25. Contributing to Digital Rebar Provision
- 26. Trademark
DigitalRebar Provision code is available is available from multiple authors under the Apache 2 license.
Digital Rebar Provision Documentation is available from multiple authors under the Creative Commons license with Attribution.
Work licensed under a Creative Commons license is governed by applicable copyright law. This allows Creative Commons licenses to be applied to all work falling under copyright, including: books, plays, movies, music, articles, photographs, blogs, and websites. Creative Commons does not recommend the use of Creative Commons licenses for software. However, application of a Creative Commons license may not modify the rights allowed by fair use or fair dealing or exert restrictions which violate copyright exceptions. Furthermore, Creative Commons licenses are non-exclusive and non-revocable. Any work or copies of the work obtained under a Creative Commons license may continue to be used under that license. In the case of works protected by multiple Creative Common licenses, the user may choose either.