27. Contributing to Digital Rebar Provision¶
Before submitting pull requests, please make sure to read and understood the Apache license. Submitting a pull is considered to be accepting the project’s license terms.
27.1. Guidelines for Pull Requests¶
We follow typical Github fork/pull request processes.
- Must be Apache 2 license
- For bugs & minor items (20ish lines), we can accept the request at our discretion
- Does not inject vendor information (Name or Product) into Digital Rebar except where relevant to explain utility of push (e.g.: help documentation & descriptions).
- Passes code review by Digital Rebar team reviewer
- Does not degrade the security model of the product
- Does not reduce code coverage
- Items requiring more scrutiny
- Major changes
- CLI/API changes, especially breaking compatability
- New technology
- Pull requests should be against a defined feature branch in the Digital Rebar repo
- Accept no non-bug fix push requests within 2 weeks of a release fork
- No SLA - code accepted at PTLs discretion. No commitment to accept changes.
27.3. Coding Expectations¶
- Copyright & License header will be included in files that can tolerate headers
- At least 1 line comments as header for all methods
- Documentation for API calls concurrent with pull request
27.4. Testing/ Validation¶
- For core functions, the push will be validated to ensure it does NOT break build, deploy, or our commercial products
- For operating systems that are non-core, we will not validate on the target OS for the push.
- We expect that a pull request will be built and tested in our CI system before the push can be accepted.