Digital Rebar Provision¶
simple, fast and open API-driven server provisioning.
DRP is designed to be a complete data center provisioning, content scaffolding and infrastructure workflow platform with a cloud native architecture that completely replaces Cobbler, Foreman, MaaS or similar technologies. DRP offers a single golang binary (less than 30MB) with no dependencies capable of installation on a laptop, RPi or switch supporting both bare metal and virtualized infrastructure.
- API-driven infrastructure-as-code automation
- Multi-boot workflows using composable and reusable building blocks
- Event driven actions via Websockets API
- Extensible Plug-in Model for public, vendor and internal enhancements
- Supports ALL orchestration tools including Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Bosh, Terraform, etc
- RAID, IPMI, and BIOS Configuration (via commercial plugins)
Community Resources from https://rebar.digital¶
- Mailing List
- Chat/messaging via the Digital Rebar
#communitychannel is our preferred communication method. If you do not have a Slack invite to our channel, you can Request a Slack Invite
- Alternate chat vi Gitter Live Chat (Gitter.im) and IRC on Freenode #DigitalRebar
- Issues and Features
- Full Documentation (Github /doc sources are updatable via pull request).
- Videos on the DR Provision Playlist provide both specific and general background information.
Install & Quick Start¶
We HIGHLY recommend using the
latest version of the documentation, as it contains the most up to date information. Use the version selector in the lower right corner of your browser.
Our Stable Quick Start has fast play-with-it steps. Don’t worry, they are very simple and take 10 to 20 minutes.
Want the Latest Quick Start? You’ll have access to the newest features in tested work for the next release. This is NOT the bleeding edge!
Components & Extensions¶
Digital Rebar Provision is composable by design. Much of our advanced funtionality is exposed in Content Packages & Plugins that are added into the system as content and plugins which have documentation embedded in the extension.
Table of Contents¶
Reading on Github? Visit Generated Docs for a generated ToC.
- 1. Quick Start
- 2. Install
- 3. Environment Setup Instructions
- 4. Key Features
- 5. Server Architecture
- 6. Configuring the Server
- 7. Releases
- 8. Upgrade
- 9. Local UI Removed
- 10. Install Script Changed
- 11. Digital Rebar Provision Workflows
- 12. Deployment Options
- 13. Digital Rebar Provision Operations
- 14. OS Support
- 15. LinuxKit
- 16. User Interface (UI)
- 17. RackN Portal
- 18. Swagger UI
- 19. Digital Rebar Provision Command Line Interface (CLI)
- 20. Digital Rebar Provision API
- 21. Developer Environment
- 22. Developing the Command Line Interface (CLI)
- 23. Developing Documentation
- 24. FAQ / Troubleshooting
- 25. Architecture Reference
- 26. Integrations
- 27. Terraform Provider for Digital Rebar Provision
- 28. Moved: KRIB (Kubernetes Rebar Integrated Bootstrapping)
- 29. Content Packages & Plugins
- 30. Contributing to Digital Rebar Provision
- 31. Trademark
- 32. License
DigitalRebar Provision code is available is available from multiple authors under the Apache 2 license.
Digital Rebar Provision Documentation is available from multiple authors under the Creative Commons license with Attribution.
Work licensed under a Creative Commons license is governed by applicable copyright law. This allows Creative Commons licenses to be applied to all work falling under copyright, including: books, plays, movies, music, articles, photographs, blogs, and websites. Creative Commons does not recommend the use of Creative Commons licenses for software. However, application of a Creative Commons license may not modify the rights allowed by fair use or fair dealing or exert restrictions which violate copyright exceptions. Furthermore, Creative Commons licenses are non-exclusive and non-revocable. Any work or copies of the work obtained under a Creative Commons license may continue to be used under that license. In the case of works protected by multiple Creative Common licenses, the user may choose either.