20.4. kb-00003: Bind Error¶
20.4.1. Knowledge Base Article: kb-00003¶
The Digital Rebar Provision service (
dr-provision) failed to start up. I received an
error about address already in use.
Digital Rebar Provision will fail if it cannot attach to one of the required ports.
- Typical Error Message: “listen udp4 :67: bind: address already in use”
- Additional Information: The conflicted port will be included in the error between colons (e.g.: :67:)
- Workaround: If the conflicting service is not required, simply disable that service
- Resolution: Stop the offending service on the system. Typical corrective actions are:
- 67 - dhcp. Correct with sudo pkill dnsmasq
See the port mapping list on start-up of the
dr-provision service for a complete list.
dr-provision is running, you can obtain a list of the ports that it’s holding open
with the following CLI command:
drpcli info status
20.4.4. Additional Information¶
Additional resources and information related to this Knowledge Base article.
22.214.171.124. See Also¶
dhcp, bind address, port, startup
126.96.36.199. Revision Information¶
KB Article : kb-00003 initial release: Wed Jun 10 09:40:47 PDT 2020 updated release: Wed Jun 10 09:40:47 PDT 2020