The following documentation is for manager content package at version v0.0.0.
The manager plugin adds two large functions for controlling a distributed multi-node DRP endpoint fabric. The manager turns a DRP Endpoint into a data aggregator and configuration synchronization point. Once the plugin is loaded and configured, new objects are enabled that allow for managing and viewing data from other DRP Endpoints.
To normalize usage, the following terms will be used in the documentation.
- DRP Instance - A generic DRP Endpoint in the system.
- Manager - A DRP Instance running the manager plugin.
- Endpoint - A DRP Instance without a manager plugin managing machines.
- Manager-Endpoint - A DRP Instance running a manager and managing machines.
- Version Set - A bundle of configuration data that can be applied to DRP Instance.
- Catalog Item - An object defining a versioned release of a content pack, plugin provider, or DRP.
- Catalog - A set of Catalog Items provided as an aggregated set of content packs.
The two functions that are provided all of data aggregation and configuration distrubition. Each of these are described below.
22.214.171.124. Data Aggregation¶
The first function is data aggregation across the distributed set of DRP Endpoints. The manager DRP endpo
126.96.36.199. Configuration Distribution¶
The second function is configuration aggregation, distrubition, and synchronization across the DRP Endpoints with in the fabric in a programatic versioned way. To facilitate this feature, the catalog data elements are added and tracked.
The content package provides the following params.
This parameter is the location in the file system of the cache of content.
This parameter defines the URL the system should use to forward requests to the endpoint.
This parameter defines the password the manager should use to login to the endpoint.
This parameter defines the URL the manager should use to access the endpoint.
This parameter defines the username the manager should use to login to the endpoint.